A good sunset and rainbow can brighten any day

I left work a little late and was wandering slowly up the hill, thinking "I haven't taken any photos today, oh well. I'll have to snap something later of something random for my 365" when I realised the light was starting to develop quite nicely. Turned around to find a STUNNING scene behind me, with the bank building and the backs of some old brick buildings lit up like they were on fire. I risked life and limb to climb onto a wet and mossy brick fence to grab the below panorama - pity about the power line, but it was the best I could manage at short notice (I did run to get there).

I then turned around and began running up to the Cathedral as I knew it would be stunning. I stopped on the way up to get the second shot, of a steeple of another church, and then raced up to the Cathedral, taking care to find a spot that was minus power lines. I quickly changed lenses to get the wide angle view and looked up to find... that I had just missed the light. It had dropped by about 2/3 the intensity, so disappointed! Still got a fairly good snap (just imagine the colour if I'd caught it a minute earlier), and then put my camera away ready to head to the car, when it started raining. Looked up to find - of all things - a stunning double rainbow. I dropped everything, grabbed the camera and bolted back to get a good angle.

Just when you think you've missed something great, something even better comes along. I was so pleased after all this. Got in the car and a really good Hot Chip song was playing... and I just felt good :)

All of these best viewed large!!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream