Sunset, Clouds, and long exposures

The light on this evening (Monday 2 December) was fantastic; long, slow, yellow and warm, and surrounded by murky, bluish clouds. I was driving home when I saw the light and didn't have time to find a decent location to do it justice - but I did find a decent location for the resultant sunset. Atop my car, with a tripod, out the front of our house. Several passers by felt it necessary to honk their horns; I've indulged in many behaviours over my time that have invoked such a response, but never understood the logic behind it.

Regardless of interfering drivers, I managed to capture the below. Click to view large.






2 comments:

  1. Great shots Jamie ... what type of ND filter did you use and what exposure length ...?? Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard (which Richard?), I used an ND400 (9 stops of light) and length was between 50 and 60 seconds, can't remember exactly.

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts

Flickr Photostream